Site designed and maintained by 4D WEBDESIGN © 2011

Proud To Do
  Business In


01228577180 / 07903426815



Home | What We Do | Agricultural Buildings | Industrial Buildings | Livestock Handling | Ground Works & Assembly | Planning Permission | Design | Concreting | Kit Buildings | Finishing Options |  Gallery |  Faqs |  Contact Us |  


Accessibility |  Site Map

John Sisson Contracting offers a fast and thorough architectural service with extremely competitive prices.

We use experienced architects that have a proven record of achieving planning consent for our customers.

Our architects’ familiarity with the design of our buildings also ensures a speedy transit through the Building Control process, if required.  Also, the architectural drawings produced by our state of the art software can be supplied by us for you to submit to your local authority for planning.

Nearly all new buildings or major changes to existing buildings or to the local environment need consent – this is called  planning permission. Your local planning authority is responsible for deciding whether a development of any kind is allowed  to go ahead.

Planning Permission

Steel Frame Illustrations
Cavity Wall Insulation
External Cavity Wall Insulation
Internal Cavity Wall Insulation

Click on the tabs for guideline illustrations from the Planning Authority.

Planning Permission

Your local planning authority (LPA) – usually the district or borough council – is responsible for deciding whether a proposed development should be allowed to go ahead. This is called planning permission.

Most new buildings, major alterations to existing buildings and significant changes to the use of a building or piece of land need this permission.

However, certain minor building works – known as permitted development – don't need planning permission. This is because the effect of such developments on neighbours or the surrounding environment is likely to be small – e.g. building a boundary wall below a certain height. Similarly, a change of land or building use is classed as permitted development if it's within the same use class.

Other areas get special protection against certain developments. Reasons for special protection include: